Why Become An Affiliate?
Have you considered becoming an Affiliate Member of the Greater Bangor Association REALTORS®, one of the largest local REALTOR® associations in the state? Please keep in mind that Affiliate Membership is an INDIVIDUAL membership, meaning that a company is not a member, only the individuals in the company that apply and pay dues.
In addition to the opportunities gained by networking with, and promoting your business to over 500 professionals involved in the real estate industry, Individual Affiliates members also:
- Are automatically Affiliates of the Maine Association of REALTORS®.
- Have access to our membership directory including GBAR individual e-mails of members who have not opted out.
- Will receive periodic electronic GBAR Updates.
- Will be included in the Affiliate member list on our website and Info Hub.
- May attend all events, meetings, classes at the membership price.
- May host continuing education classes – includes a table for marketing materials, and an opportunity to briefly address the attendees.
- May serve on committees and task forces.
- May be entered into annual lottery to sponsor one of our 9 membership lunch meetings/holiday party. Includes a table for marketing materials, banner placement, placing items at each seat, briefly addressing attendees. Sponsors are noted in Updates, website and Facebook.
NEW! For an additional annual fee of $200, your logo can scroll on our Home Page under Support Our Affiliate Partners!
The Affiliate shall provide equal professional service to any person regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, handicap/disability, familial status (families with children), sexual orientation, ancestry, or national origin.
The Affiliate shall be informed and do business in accordance with laws, governmental regulations and public policies in the field in which the Affiliate customarily engages.
The Affiliate shall provide a level of competent service in keeping with the standards of practice in the field in which the Affiliate customarily engages.
The Affiliate shall promote business in a positive and professional manner based on individual merit and those of his/her company.
The Affiliate shall not attempt to gain any unfair advantage over competitors by knowingly or recklessly making false or misleading statements about competitors. ARTICLE 6 The Affiliate shall not denigrate competitors in an attempt to gain business.
The foregoing Articles are aspirational, and are not enforceable by the Greater Bangor Association of REALTORS®. They do, however, urge Affiliates to practice professional behavior of the highest level.
Affiliate of the Year – Criteria
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the Greater Bangor Association of REALTORS® through a period of years of volunteerism in more than one GBAR activity.
- Must demonstrate an ability to generate participation by others in Association activities through enthusiastic and effective leadership.
- Must participate in charitable, public service, or legislative activities outside the GBAR organization that enhance the image of the REALTORS® in the community, and finally
- Must participate above and beyond the responsibilities of nominee’s paid position within his/her company.