Welcome to the Greater Bangor Association of REALTORS®!
This website provides information about upcoming events, courses, and general Association-related news to current and future REALTORS® and Affiliate Members. Check our Community Page for how we are involved, and how YOU can get involved in the community!
LATEST GBAR NEWS:
2016 SPIRIT OF GIVING EVENT!
Our annual fundraiser, the Spirit of Giving Event, will be held at Jeff’s Catering in Brewer on December 6, 2016. This year’s proceeds will benefit the housing/heating/weatherization components of both Penquis CAP and Washington-Hancock Community Agency.
The evening will begin at 5:00 with hors d’oeuvres, a cash bar, and raffle ticket sales of a $500 Amazon Gift Card, generously donated by RMS! The social hour will be followed by a delicious dinner buffet and silent and live auctions to keep things lively! This event is open to the public, so we invite you to bring your friends and family! Click here to register and pay securely with Paypal.
This annual event attracts more attendees each year, but we depend on the added support of our members and friends in the business community who supply us with exciting auction items. Would you be willing to donate either a gift certificate or merchandise personally, or from your business? If so, please email email@example.com.
This year’s event is generously sponsored by:
Nancy Harrison of Bangor Savings Bank!
RAMCO Member Portal
- Under the EVENTS tab, you can find your CE Certificates (and 3-year history) from courses you’ve taken through GBAR or another Association in the state. Keep in mind, any courses you’ve taken through an outside provider such as a lender or title company will not necessarily be listed here. You will also see upcoming meetings and courses on the HOME page, as they are posted.
- Under the DIRECTORY tab, you can search the entire membership for contact info.
- On the HOME page, and under the MY ORDERS tab, you may find a balance due. This balance may consist of the cost of prior membership meetings where you may have forgotten to bring cash or a check, Reals on Wheels Broker Open House Tour fees that are due, and your dues bills for 2017. You can safely pay these fees directly from here with a credit card. If you feel there is an error, please contact the Association.
The Greater Bangor Association of REALTORS® provides valuable services to its members and promotes high ethical standards while striving to enhance the quality of life in our community, the image of the REALTOR® professional, and the preservation of real property rights.
- National Association of Realtors® Congratulates Dr. Ben Carson, Nominee for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
WASHINGTON (December 5, 2016) – In response to the announcement of Dr. Ben Carson as President-Elect Donald J. Trump’s selection for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, NAR President William E …
- Second Century Ventures Accepting Applications for 2017 REach Accelerator Class
CHICAGO (December 1, 2016) – Second Century Ventures, the National Association of Realtors®’ strategic investment arm, is accepting applications for its 2017 REach® accelerator class now through Janua …
- Consumers and Realtors® Show Greater Interest in Smart Home Technologies, Certifications
WASHINGTON (November 30, 2016) — As smart homes become more popular among consumers, buyers and sellers are showing greater interest in those homes and smart-home technologies and Realtors® in a certi …
REALTOR® Magazine Headlines
- NAR, realtor.com Score Industry Win Against Patent Troll December 6, 2016
The real estate industry achieved an important victory last Friday on a patent-infringement case — one that stretches back more than a… …
- Lawmakers Cautious on Tampering With Homeownership December 6, 2016
Homeownership will be in the spotlight next year as lawmakers in the new Congress look at federal taxes and what to do about the two secondary… …
- The Suburbs Are Having a Moment December 6, 2016
The younger generation’s fascination with living in urban areas may be short-lived, as new research shows more young people are heading to the… …